Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ain't Nothing Like a Cold, Dirty Shower!

Here is my newest venture that is totally tangible with your help!

Here is where I want to go: Chijnaya
(Scroll Down; not the best web design, I imagine the people of Chijnaya are seriously concerned about that though...please note the sarcasm in that statement)

This is my mentor teacher, colleague, and friend who went two summers ago and tells me that there is nothing like it: Kate's Blog

Basically, the organization is newish (but safe) and it, like most volunteer organizations, needs a donation on top of my travel expenses. I know nothing about fund raising...nothing. I am also interested in inquiring into individual travel grants seeing as how I am going there to teach English, maybe I could get funds to do so and maybe to do a study while over there.
If you have fund raising suggestions, let me have them or have any suggestions as to how I may find a company, organization, school that would be willing to give grant money to an individual who is furthering her studies in her field (I will be teaching English!). I am looking for all of my options, so if you know somebody who knows somebody let me know.

Or if you know of other programs that will allow me to experience people living their lives which are drastically different than the one that I am accustomed to, let me know. I am interested in experiencing another culture, not being a tourist. I want to help people, not buy stuff. I want real human life to teach me a little something about life.

No comments: