Monday, October 1, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

Megaphones in the hallways, kids in pajamas with artificial freckles painted on their faces, pigtail propellers coming close to sideswiping my face off. Can you guess what this week is?
Homecoming.
I have never realized the wretched powerhouse that is a 16-year-olds vocal cords until 3:40 today. It is my new least favorite thing.

My brain has been a desert lately. I mean, I have been reading, and I have most certainly been thinking, but not too much about questions of the universe that I can apply to my classroom.
I am just trying to figure out my life right now. Forgive me for weak posts...maybe something will knock my brain off balance soon enough and I will have to ponder it. I am always on the lookout for tip-top bumper stickers. I want to start writing again, I just can't find the words I need.

Class is going fine. The kids are being great. I hate grading. We start Flannery O'Connor tomorrow...that makes me happy.

1 comment:

The Whateverist said...

Started applying? Ha! My parents just asked me what I was planning on doing in January, and my response was something like: "relax and enjoy a few months out of my life." I feel like I don't have time to do anything (at least not anything I want to do.)

I had the joy of experiencing my school's first pep rally last Friday...I should have brought ear plugs to school. Now I remember why I hated high school. Small town football traditions at its finest.

Our homecoming isn't for a couple of weeks, and my CT is the one coordinating it. I've had my fill already. I even helped picked out tiaras and scepters for the king and queen (excuse me while I stick my finger down my throat.)

Fall break is next week...and I am having surgery on my lady reproductive organs. Could it get any better? Beer will ensue shortly after!

This weekend I was thinking about how my real life seems to be hindering my attitude toward school teacher life quite a bit. Keep your chin up, and hey, you know my number if you ever need to talk!