Wednesday, November 7, 2007

True Blue

Try to remember back to that time when your boss told you not to wait too long because the deadline was just around the corner or your professor assigned a paper three weeks in advance to give you ample time to complete the assignment, but in true student form you waited until the week, or in most cases, night before it was due. As I begin working on this final college assignment I am refreshed to know that my undergraduate tendencies are as alive as ever.

I have just started looking at my online portfolio and beginning to put together the materials that are necessary for the completion of my program. I do not think that this online portfolio will benefit me, I do not think that any principal will actually take the time to visit my online portfolio, and I do not think that I will enjoy doing it, but sometimes you just have to bite the bright side of things, or get going when the shit hits the fan, or I don't know, I am just going to do it.

I was supposed to have performed an analysis on my students learning. By studying closely a "pre-test," then teaching a skill, and then assigning some type of assessment I was to determine each students progress. The key tense of this last bit of information is past. Yes, yes! Past tense!
I was supposed to have done this while I was teaching. However, hindsight is 20/40 right? I am going to complete this assignment as a reflection. Of course I will have all of the data I need, but all stuck in my big brain. The University I attend is well-known (at least by students in the English Ed Dept.) for it's fondness for reflection, so this should be fine, right?


I am not too worried because one thing I am sure of is that college students have this strange ability to pull things from their unspeakable at the last minute, and college english students have this even weirder ability to make it sound good.

No comments: